Laurie's Glider Gazette
If you are a delicate flower who can start drama, but can't take it when directed back at you, this is NOT the site for you!! TURN BACK NOW!!! DO NOT ENTER!!!!! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! Tell your "JAG" lawyer to kiss my ass!!! Stefaniey, this means YOU!!!!

Isn't it time she be added here?

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Isn't it time she be added here?

Post by Gangstersmom on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:22 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just spent the last 15min, typing out my reply on GC, only to hit submitt, and the thread is locked!!!!!!!!!! UGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!! THAT PISSES ME OFF!!!

Gangstersmom
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 2757
Registration date : 2008-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:24 pm

hollysmom wrote:
BabyLoveGliders wrote:I'm done.. Helen you can defend her all you want... but I KNOW you would be Piddled if it were you!

:( why is Helen defending a scammer :(

I'm not defending a scammer, I can't stand Amanda as much as most of you, but I think the REASONS for the attacks are ridiculous!

Helen
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyLoveGliders on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:26 pm

She bought the pattern..BUT BRANDY'S DOLPHINS was not.. She created it!! So yeah It was an original idea......... I'm sorry Helen about your Dad.. I cat imagine!!! HUGSS... I Love you!!
BabyLoveGliders
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 8759
Registration date : 2008-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gangstersmom on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:28 pm

Helen wrote: I get upset over ORIGINAL IDEAS. NOT something someone BOUGHT A PATTERN FOR!!! If you can buy a pattern for it, it's not original!

But Helen, that is the point. Amanda follows a pattern that she buys from crochet sites to make her pieces, mine on the other hand are made from scratch. I could not read a crochet pattern to save my life. I spend days working on each piece to get the shapes right. I consider them art. I spent the better part of a week working on my dolphin for Kris, and Amanda just paid for someone elses idea. And she IS still selling, on critterbin and privately.

Gangstersmom
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:30 pm

The pattern existed first! So what if someone else can make the same thing without that particular pattern! I can make a lot of things without someone handing me a pattern, does that give me the right to make whatever I want as long as I didn't have a pattern?

Helen
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by themarsupial on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Wow Helen, that makes me sad. I don't know what I did to you. Perhaps we could talk on that subject. You're going to the Ohio gathering, right?

Brandy, I didn't do it to piddle you off! I already had the dern thing made and in my closet! I just finished it and thought it was cute, so I put it on GC to show it. I'm putting it in Rodan's cage! I'm not even selling it. I have a lion in the works that was a special request... I'll be SURE not to post that one.

This is just silly. I did NOTHING wrong as far as this goes. Brandy, I'm pretty sure you once said that even if we made the same shape, it'd be different, because it's a different method that you use. *sigh* I can show you the quote if you like.

This is just a pattern that I used. It's purchased and I have rights to use it. So, if we need to get right down to it... sorry! I did NOTHING wrong.

themarsupial
Joey
Joey

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by macwood6 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:34 pm

Well I missed the whole thing but I just need to point some thing out
tootles wrote:Well I guess she swiped it from you if she knew. I am sorry brandy. But yours is better :D It has a much larger hole.
macwood6
The Delicate Flower
The Delicate Flower

Number of posts : 9652
Registration date : 2008-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:35 pm

themarsupial wrote:Wow Helen, that makes me sad. I don't know what I did to you. Perhaps we could talk on that subject. You're going to the Ohio gathering, right?

Hell no I'm not. I have more important things to do... watch a sunset, take a walk, see my mom, pet my dogs, cuddle my gliders... the important things in life. Not stand around worrying who's going to backstab who next, who I need to watch out for, who's being nasty to who, etc.

Last edited by Helen on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Helen
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CGARNES on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:36 pm

Wow... I have no idea what is going on here, and I can't "see" anything at GC since I am not a member there.

I have a HUGE issue with what I perceive to be "copy-catting" and it is NOT in favor of the "alleged copier."

So, help me understand, because I like both of you ladies, very much. If someone takes something that has a pattern and MODIFIES it to include someone that has been personally created... is that product, in and of itself, not an original creation?

Not sure if that makes any sense, but let's say I take a dish detergent bottle (Dawn, for instance), then that is surely a "pattern", but what if I were to cut holes in it, and create a glider playhouse... and decorate it... would that modification not be an "original thingie" that should be my creation?

Not seeking to antagonize EITHER party, just trying to get a handle on it. FYI: I have not ever created such a thing as I just described - I literally made it up on the spot.

Images? Can I see what we are talking about?
CGARNES
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CGARNES on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:37 pm

YIPES!!!!!

I am SO gonna cover MY hole!!!

(Garnes runs like hell)
CGARNES
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2008-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trigger on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:41 pm

The thread is back up just Kris and Amanda being asked to take their problems off the board and Carrie getting whacked for playing cards.
Trigger
Brat Raiser
Brat Raiser

Number of posts : 3936
Registration date : 2008-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gangstersmom on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:42 pm

Amanda, I am not upset that you made a dolphin for your own cage. That is why I stayed out of the GC thread. We have discussed the fact that as long as we dont make something to SELL, that the other person is currently selling, then we dont have a problem. There are a THOUSAND creatures and things out there that can be crocheted. I would NEVER make your strawberry, or your ladybug and sell it on my site. But you are still selling, on critterbin and privately, and I dont have a problem with that. But if someone were to come to you and say, "Amanda, can you make me a monkey." I would hope you would do the right thing.

Gangstersmom
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gangstersmom on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:44 pm

Cyndi, the point is, I dont follow a pattern at all! I make every single one of my pieces off the top of my head. Therefore, I take a lot of pride in each and every single one of them. So, it will bother me for someone else to come along and take them for theirs.

Gangstersmom
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by themarsupial on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:44 pm

perhaps you guys can see how big the hole is now.

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

themarsupial
Joey
Joey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hollysmom on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:44 pm

Helen I am sorry you lost your father. I also was a young girl I was 22 when I walked in and found my Father dead with my 18 month old daughter laying in his lap.............but one thing has nothing to do with the other.......you NEVER ever should support a scammer under any conditions and that was my point once a person lies cheats and steals they loose or at least SHOULD loose everyones respect

hollysmom
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 3547

View user profile http://www.sugarglideremporium.com/                    http://an

Back to top Go down

Post by themarsupial on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:46 pm

But Brandy, that's the point... I don't mind if you make anything that I make. You already have "modified" my beehive slightly. I said nothing other than "I like it" ...take the dern strawberry, the cherries, the anything! I don't mind. I'll even show you how to follow a pattern at the get together if you want! I am not trying to be mean. I want more creations out there for people to choose from! I'd never be upset about you taking one of my ideas and "fixing" it. Honestly, truely.

themarsupial
Joey
Joey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gangstersmom on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:51 pm

Yea, that wouldnt be a problem for you, because you follow a pattern. And because you have like a gazillian people that will buy from you. But let me try to post a crocheted strawberry on GC and see what happens. I am not mad at you at all, I am just trying to make you see where i am coming from.

Gangstersmom
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by themarsupial on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:54 pm

Actually the only ones that I use a pattern on are the dolphin and the chick. The others are my creations.

And I would support you and tell everyone to back off if you posted something and they got mad! :) I support you 100%. I think your work is great.

themarsupial
Joey
Joey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hipbchik on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Did they re-open the thread? I have no trouble viewing

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/645828/1

I'm surprised they didn't lock it...
hipbchik
The Slammer
The Slammer

Number of posts : 2070
Registration date : 2008-09-26

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/hipbchik

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie T on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:18 pm

Well I can guarentee I will be taking screenshots this time if I get banned. GC thrives on drama just as much as this board. They just lock posts and hide post and say it's to create a drama free board. OMG at least we discuss things here, get it out and over with if you know what I mean. 🇳🇴

Carrie T
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 2907

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by macwood6 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:10 pm

Either pullit or don't but I hate when the rewrite pooh.
macwood6
The Delicate Flower
The Delicate Flower

Number of posts : 9652
Registration date : 2008-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie T on Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Oh so do I, how can they put words into someone's mouth. They have no business doing that, :suspect: I can understand if they ask me to change something but to just randomly change things. And you are supposed to get notification when that happens. I'm waiting for my notification. God knows KarenE gave me enough greif on the board for not spanking people. 🇳🇴

Carrie T
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 2907

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:18 pm

hollysmom wrote:you NEVER ever should support a scammer under any conditions and that was my point once a person lies cheats and steals they loose or at least SHOULD loose everyones respect

I'm not "supporting" anyone- I just don't blindly follow the crowd. I have my own mind and my own thoughts, and I'm not going to attack someone just because someone else said I should. I also don't support people just because someone said I should. I always read the same as everyone else, draw my own conclusions, and form my OWN opinions. Sometimes I post them, sometimes I just close out the window and walk away.

IMO, telling Amanda she can't finish her own project that was started and KNOWN about months before Brandy even considered making a dolphin, is just plain stupid. Scammer or not, she has the right to make things for her own gliders. NO ONE has the right to tell her she can't make things for herself, and that's exactly what it turned in to. YES I understand she may sell one someday, but it's not this one, and that's what matters right now.

Helen
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by queenduck on Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:42 pm

Watch out, Helen and I agree. I think Amanda was just rubbing salt in Kris's wounds, she knew it would piddle her off. But... a pattern is a pattern is a pattern, it's free game for anyone, even if it was Kris's idea. Unless Kris created the pattern, anyone can make it. Even if she does sell one, it was created from a pattern that she purchased. The only person who should have an issue with it is the pattern creater if Amanda doesn't follow the rules she set.
queenduck
BITCHONFIRE!!

Number of posts : 4526

View user profile http://sgneighborhood.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyLoveGliders on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:03 pm

Well she succeeded there.. she Piddled me off!! Well Done Amanda!!
BabyLoveGliders
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 8759

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next