Laurie's Glider Gazette
If you are a delicate flower who can start drama, but can't take it when directed back at you, this is NOT the site for you!! TURN BACK NOW!!! DO NOT ENTER!!!!! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! Tell your "JAG" lawyer to kiss my ass!!! Stefaniey, this means YOU!!!!

Just a heads up...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just a heads up...

Post by Nikki0404 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:39 am

I was asked to post this here and not just on the facebook groups, so here it goes. Bare with me because the story will be a little lengthy.

On July 17th I received a pm from a girl named Caitlin Benjamin who lived in my area. She asked about cage sets and toys and wanted to know what I could make for her for her cage.We spoke back and forth for a little bit about it and agreed on a full 16 piece cage set with toys. She at first lead me to believe she had her gliders for along time but had recently got a bigger cage for them so she had nothing to fill it. Gave me a pity story about what she could and couldn't afford and that she literally only had a pouch for them. So being the stupid me, who has to fill sorry for everyone, said I do if for more then half the price anyone else would have been charged. Had some problems come up with my sewing machine and it had to be serviced so I told her she was welcome to have a few used cage sets I had that I didn't use anymore. She thanked me and told me when she would be by to get them. On August 6th she sent me a pm telling me her glider was just balled up on the shelf in the cage and had been there for over 12 hours and asked what I thought she should do. I gave her my vets number. He was out at the time but they gave her the number to another exotic vet that my vet refers people to when he is not available. I suggested she take the sick glider's cage mate in with her or at least take a fecal in (neither had ever been taken to the vet) just to make sure she was ok too. She called me when she said she left the vets office and said the vet said she was just malnourished and her calcium was low so he put her on calcium suppliments and glucose. She asked if she could come by my house on her way home to pick up the cage sets. I agreed but told her I would have to meet her outside because I was uncomfortable letting her in my house with a sick glider near any of my pets. I ended up giving her 6 used cage sets that each cost me 100.00 plus 6 new toys that went with her set that were worth at least 60 bucks.

I received another pm the very next morning asking if I could call her so I did. She was crying on the phone and explain that the glider was now "uncoordinated" and what she should do. I was in the middle of telling her, for the 4th or 5th time to get the glider to the vet, when she said the glider just passed away in her hand. She asked me should she let the cage mate see her and I said yes but feeling uncomfortable giving her any advise on this (had never dealt with anything like this) I messaged Sarah Suggie to ask how long she should let the other glider see the passed one. She told me jsut a few seconds then take it away. Well her bf stuck the passed baby in the pouch with it's cage mate! I urged her to remove it immediately and this is where the whole thing gets really really chaotic. Her bf tried to take the baby out and it's cage mate tried to hold on to her so he could not take it away. In the middle of this she bit the bf and pulled the other gliders (which apparently was the bf's) eye out. I heard him yell so loud at the glider that he was gonna kill it and then turned the yells on her saying if she didn't get the out now he was going to throw them outside. After that I was hung up on and aobut 30 mins later she was knocking on my door. She handed me the glider and turned back to her care. I shut the door because of the heat and waited by it for her to return (I assumed she was getting something from her truck). A few minutes later I opened the door to see what was taking her so long, only to see her truck was now nowhere in sight. She had left me with this glider without so much as a thank you. I tried to call numerous times and sent several pm's and never would she call me back.

I contacted the vet she said she took them to but they would not give me any info, not even if she had even took them. So I contacted my vet to make her an appointment and to let him know what was going on. He knows the other vet very well so he said he would try to see if he could get any info on her at all. I took her in yesterday but was told as soon as I walked in the door that he had to leave for an emergency so we set back up another one for today. On the way home he called me to apologize but to also tell me my suspicions were right that she never took her in to be seen nor her fecals. He said to keep her away from my gliders and that he wanted fecals and blood work on her to cover everything we could with her since we did not know her background. This Piddled me off. I felt like I was robbed with the cages sets and toys and now lied to about this glider AND she won't answer my calls or pm's. So I decided to do some digging on our local pet site pages. Come to find out she just received 3-4 more different pets all in less then a few weeks and I was also able to find the previous owner. She only purchased these gliders with the cage a day before the first time she contacted me! The previous owner was livid just as I am. She sent me pics of the cage and the gliders a day before she handed them to Caitlin. HUGE difference in the way she looked then to what she looks like now. The previous owner was very nice and said if I needed any help to please let her know. Let me add when Caitlin told me about these gliders she claimed she "rescued" them from a boy who was mean to them. I also forgot to add that in the middle of her crying to me on the phone the day the other glider died, she dried up her tears long enough to ask me about Sherri's babies and if she excepted payment plans. She began to bring on the tears again after I answered her.

I am typing this all out because she has joined several of you breeders "like" pages and it makes me very uncomfortable when she asked about Sherri's babies. I see her as either one of two things, she is either a young person who doesn't see animals as anything but animals or she is a flipper, I will leave it up to each of you to decide on your own. She was asking about a ferret on our local pet page just this morning. Which ever one she is, she obviously can not take care of these babies and IMO does not have any business having them as pets or any pets for that matter. I hope I haven't left anything out and if anyone has any questions please feel free to pm and I will answer them. Thanks for the time and sorry this is so long!
Nikki0404
Glider Stalker
Glider Stalker

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-08-07

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/SouthernComfyCritters?ref_type=bookmark

Back to top Go down

Re: Just a heads up...

Post by finnessa on Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:46 pm

I am absolutely floored by her actions, at the very least she could have asked if you could even take on a glider that could potentially be ill and require a great deal of money to fix up. Then to not bring back all the stuff she in essence STOLE is just unfrakin real.

She is definitely one of those people that does not need to have any kind of pet, she'll only end up killing them or dumping them off on someone else the moment something goes wrong.

When All Else Fails... Blame Peggy!!! LOL

Mommy to
Several Gliders
2 dogs Sailor and Rocco
1 cat Tigger
Also have 5 skin kids
Glide Free Lilo, Brennon and Eva mommy loves you
If you can't swim with the big fish stay out of the water.
1. Nothing is as easy as it looks. 2. Everything takes longer then you think. 3. If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong.
finnessa
"It's all Peggy's fault..."

Number of posts : 4108
Registration date : 2009-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LabNGliderMom on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:10 am

wow. Just wow :-(
LabNGliderMom
Tianna's Freak on a Leash
Tianna's Freak on a Leash

Number of posts : 3541
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile http://hammockhavenpetsplus.com

Back to top Go down

Post by newby-sherri on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:56 pm

Thank you for giving her a forever home....and thank you for the name. I didn't know who to watch out for. Thank you for the additional info. :)

http://www.newbysglidernook.com/index.html
newby-sherri
LGG Moderator
LGG Moderator

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2008-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down