Laurie's Glider Gazette
If you are a delicate flower who can start drama, but can't take it when directed back at you, this is NOT the site for you!! TURN BACK NOW!!! DO NOT ENTER!!!!! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! Tell your "JAG" lawyer to kiss my ass!!! Stefaniey, this means YOU!!!!

please what do you think

View previous topic View next topic Go down

please what do you think

Post by Peace on Sun May 25, 2008 10:03 am

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/556864#Post556864

i feel for this person lost a glider's mate. but after reading past posts i don't know what to think. i don't want to spend my gas money for this person to breed gliders. i have offered a free nuetered male and does not want it. i know i can find a male and get him nuetered or posibly find one already nuetered. my gut is telling me not to help but if what he is saying is true than i have no problem helping. so what do you all think?

Peace
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: please what do you think

Post by Athena on Sun May 25, 2008 10:13 am

My gut instinct: it sounds fishy to me. But maybe that is because I never trust anyone who does not use proper punctuation and capitalization. :twisted:

Seriously though, I think it looks highly suspect. If she is honestly looking for a mate for her glider, if she's wanting to get a glider quickly, I'm positive there must be 500 options for her nearer than Houston. PLUS, the gender shouldn't matter.

:suspect:

If you end up deciding to help, I'm in Tulsa and would be happy to driver a leg of a RR to or toward Springfield. Can't drive far because of my back and neck, but I can drive for a while and would be happy to help.

I just don't think I trust this person.....
Athena
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace on Sun May 25, 2008 10:19 am

I never trust anyone who does not use proper punctuation and capitalization.

ok that fits me. is that the way people see me? i do not know proper puctuation and my spelling is not so good. but it is more that i am lazy on capitalization.

thanks for the help i am only 2 hours away from tulsa.

Peace
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by glidergrl1513 on Sun May 25, 2008 10:25 am

Merlin has been around for awhile. Honestly, if he says his glider is neutered and wouldn't accept another male (even if he was neutered) I believe him.. that far. He knows his gliders and probably has a good idea of who will get along with who.

HOWEVER - I would NEVER let him have one of my gliders. Look at past pictures from the SGGA (not sure which one/s) and you'll see his gliders. Those poor things are humongous. Think Poss, but with sugar glider bone structure. And he has openly said he allows his gliders to eat whatever they want (steak, french fries, etc). I would absolutely never let him have one of my babies, not going to a home like that. Yes they are loved, they are like his children, but they are so unhealthy it's tragic (do you know part of the story as to why this boy's mate died? She was so overweight that she couldn't fit into an e-collar, and thus could continue chewing on herself. Then, he attempted to close the wound himself with thread :shock: I'm not sure if that was the reason she got so bad and was put down, but it certainly makes you think). Yeah, they're loved, but it's just not enough.

I have no idea why he can't find a glider closer that 11 hours away.
glidergrl1513
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Sun May 25, 2008 10:27 am

He does say George is neutered.

Isn't Merlin the guy with the super crazy huge gliders? I wonder why the female had to be put down... and IF it had to do with her weight, I'd be interested to see if it changed his outlook on what he feeds his gliders.

Helen
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2008-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helen on Sun May 25, 2008 10:32 am

LOL oops I guess I'm a little slow this morning.

I agree- I understand that he loves his gliders and thinks all the treats make them happy, but I can't imagine that they are happy when they are so fat they are probably having trouble moving and just being alive. I desperately need to loose at least 50-60 pounds (thyroid problems) and it makes me incredibly unhappy not being able to move freely and having no energy etc. I can't imagine being as large as a human, as those gliders are.

Helen
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

Number of posts : 543

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace on Sun May 25, 2008 10:40 am

well first he says the glider is nuetered than say he does not know if the glider is nuetered. i did not know a thing about his diet choice's.

thank you all for the help.

Peace
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiiru on Sun May 25, 2008 10:43 am

Yikes...did you look at the topics he made? Infected eye and injured tail. I don't know the stories behind it and he really doesn't say, but it sounds scary.

And Gracie (the fat, injured tailed glider) was that little boys cage mate. He said that she reopened it so he pulled the skin over the bone and tied it shut? Wasn't the reason why she had to have some of her tail amputated because she had string tied tightly around her tail in the first place? :suspect:

If I had babies, I don't think I'd ever give him one.
Kiiru
Glider Crazy
Glider Crazy

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2008-01-15

View user profile http://freewebs.com/ahnil

Back to top Go down

Post by JenJen on Sun May 25, 2008 11:04 am

Wow...ever hear of a VET?!?

JenJen
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 4999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace on Sun May 25, 2008 11:22 am

really I would like to thank everybody very much for the help. I have decided not to help. just so you all know I am always willing to help the Sugar Glider's.

Peace
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~LYNSIE~ on Sun May 25, 2008 1:51 pm

Merlin is handicapped and in a wheelchair. He is the one that has the HUGE gliders at the SGGA every year. I do not beleive he has any intentions on ever breeding his gliders. I beleive that Gracie was pretty old. She got hurt and was too fat to get in an e-collar which led to her death. I do feel that Merlin does love and take care of his gliders but he does feed them a lot of things that he shouldn't which leads to them being over weight.
~LYNSIE~
Princess Lidia's Mommy
Princess Lidia's Mommy

Number of posts : 4240

View user profile http://www.luckyyou-gliders.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pphayzed on Sun May 25, 2008 3:31 pm

Hahahahahahahha.

I've never seen something more hilarious than Lauren posting in that thread, calling him out on "contradicting" himself.

That is mucking hilarious to me.
pphayzed
That's PRINCESS Jill to YOU
That's PRINCESS Jill to YOU

Number of posts : 2888
Registration date : 2008-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie T on Sun May 25, 2008 5:23 pm

I'm here to stand up for Merlin also. He's a good guy with the best of intention. He has owned gliders since before you ever imagined you woulf be part of a glider board. If I had an appropriate mate I'd drive it to him personally. I do understand the health issues with being over weight but that isn't for me to judge. I don't have trouble looking at my own body because I am a healthy weight. However I don't aways eat right. I certainly hope my family will love me the same way if I were over weight. This guy is not out to breed and yes his gliders are heavy but they are loved. I'd rather have a loved glider go to a home more than anything else.

Carrie T
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 2907
Registration date : 2008-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace on Sun May 25, 2008 7:11 pm

i gusse i just need to think on it more. but i can't make the whole trip anyhow.

Peace
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by glidergrl1513 on Sun May 25, 2008 10:14 pm

I hope I don't seem like I consider him to be a terrible glider owner in my last post. I don't. I know he loves his gliders like crazy, and there would be no question of that for a new glider entering that home. I know, too, that he's not out to intentionally harm his gliders.. he just wants to do what makes them happy. It could be worse, but I would still never put my glider's health in jeopardy knowing how it would end up (horribly obese, yet well-loved). There are other people who love their gliders just as much but keep them healthy as well. But I'm rambling..
glidergrl1513
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

Number of posts : 943

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Sun May 25, 2008 10:31 pm

Your rambles are all good. I didn't even get his gender correct when I posted. :)
Athena
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trigger on Sat May 31, 2008 1:22 am

Sorry but I have to rain on ya'lls parade.
No overindulgence is NOT love. Think for one minute here.
My skinkids love ice cream, cookies, cake pizza all the JUNK. My furrkids love pine nuts, yogies and MEALIES.

If I let my crew pick what ever they want to eat I would have a dining table full of pizza, twinkies & chocolate milk, & cages full of nothing but mealies.

Are you going to sit back and say how much I love my kiddos or kick my donkeybutt???
Trigger
Brat Raiser
Brat Raiser

Number of posts : 3936
Registration date : 2008-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace on Sat May 31, 2008 10:01 am

he is still looking for a glider and trying to get one closer to home now. i think maybe M Miller will set him up with a female glider. she responded to the post on GC.

Peace
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pocketprincess on Sat May 31, 2008 9:35 pm

I really hope he doesn't get a glider from her! I got my first glider from them and it did not go well.

Pocketprincess
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2008-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:51 am

i rescued 2 pairs from them. retired breeders.

Peace
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top