Laurie's Glider Gazette
If you are a delicate flower who can start drama, but can't take it when directed back at you, this is NOT the site for you!! TURN BACK NOW!!! DO NOT ENTER!!!!! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! Tell your "JAG" lawyer to kiss my ass!!! Stefaniey, this means YOU!!!!

Pocket Pets in Maryland

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pocket Pets in Maryland

Post by Jill Marie on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:45 pm

Srlb wrote:
So, if someone wishes to protest they need to be off the property to do so. There would be nothing anyone could do if you were out in the street holding signs or stopping people and telling them not to buy from anyone in the mall or anywhere else for that matter.

I think this is the point Bourbon was trying to make. So look at it like this... vendor pays the mall for the right to do business and use a bit of their space, if you are IN the mall and the vendor requests that you leave, who is the mall going to respect at that moment? They will protect their vendor and have you removed because, even though you think you are doing good, or being peaceful, you may appear a "disturber of the peace"

Wrong? Unfair? maybe, but that's just business for ya.
Jill Marie
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

Number of posts : 992
Registration date : 2010-11-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chattrbabe on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:14 am

Regardless of them renting a space or not, it was morally wrong for him to act in such an unprofessional manner, towards her. Obviously, there is something to hide if he is going to act like that, with nothing to provoke him. How did he not know if they were friends or not? Hell, they could have been from Secret Shopper and he would have never known it.
chattrbabe
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2008-11-08

View user profile http://www.myspoiledsugars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Marie on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:48 am

chattrbabe wrote:Regardless of them renting a space or not, it was morally wrong for him to act in such an unprofessional manner, towards her. Obviously, there is something to hide if he is going to act like that, with nothing to provoke him. How did he not know if they were friends or not? Hell, they could have been from Secret Shopper and he would have never known it.

True, but unfortunately it seems there is more and more of this type of behavior today. In every business. I am amazed all the time at the rudeness or lack of concern people have for their customers or potential customers in almost every store and restaurant I visit. Sports authority (two visits), ruby tuesday, bettucci's, perkins, AC Moore, to name just a few from the past month. So the fact he was unprofessional doesnt really surprise me much, add to that they are fully aware they are "targets" bysome private breeders or other glider owners.

I have a friend who does secret shopping, I think the business has to request for themselves to be "shopped" we get them in home depot every week
Jill Marie
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

Number of posts : 992
Registration date : 2010-11-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Srlb on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:33 am

Melissa, I agree with you. It was very unprofessional. That is why I told her to contact them and let them know what exactly happened. I am sure that is one of the reasons they apologized. I can guarantee you they didnt apologize just because something was said about it.

I dont think it had anything at all to do with having something to hide. Pocket Pets has never *hid* anything. That is why there are so many people out there complaining about them, because they see and hear their script and dont agree with it.

Without sounding wrong here (so please nobody read it wrong) Pocket Pets really doesnt need *our* (the community) approval on anything. They have done well selling gliders for years with us fighting against them hasnt really done anything at all to their sales.

They do have other breeders going to the places they are selling at and telling the people they can buy from them (the breeders) cheaper than they can Pocket Pets. That to me is wrong. These same breeders try to yell and scream about Pocket Pets selling gliders, yet this is what some are doing??
If they (the breeders) also want to sell in Malls let them pay the thousands of dollars it cost to rent a space for the weekend and go in and sell them.

Then you have other places like Sugar Glider R Us and Steve Larkin now setting up in the Malls selling gliders with their big banners above saying Pocket Pets, so people automatically think it is Pocket Pets. To me that is just as wrong. If Pocket Pets are so awful, why are so many people trying to take their customers or come across like they are them?

So what is this going to lead Pocket Pets to do? Well, since they tried to leave the Expo world and only work in Malls to try and separate their name and that didnt work out, you will probably start seeing them back at the Expos as well.

I have to say I would be a bit ticked off too if I paid for a space, paid employees, paid for my licensing and then had people who yelled to have me shut down or thrown out of the Mall to just come to the Mall and try and make a sale off my dime.

If these breeders really want to sell their gliders, put an ad up in Craigslist the weekend Pocket Pets is at the mall, I'm sure they would all get tons of phone calls.
Srlb
Ninja-licious
Ninja-licious

Number of posts : 10925
Registration date : 2008-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2