Laurie's Glider Gazette
If you are a delicate flower who can start drama, but can't take it when directed back at you, this is NOT the site for you!! TURN BACK NOW!!! DO NOT ENTER!!!!! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! Tell your "JAG" lawyer to kiss my ass!!! Stefaniey, this means YOU!!!!

Glory Jovi - Sugar Gliders Galore

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Glory Jovi - Sugar Gliders Galore

Post by dcmuffin2007 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:11 pm

Huh...guess that's why I didn't know you were talking about the emails to ME! rofl

I forgive you. THIS time. evil laugh
dcmuffin2007
Glider Friend
Glider Friend

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-04-17

View user profile http://www.jumpinmonkey.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finnessa on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:12 pm

rofl The sad part is I knew I spelled it wrong and told myself I'd hit send and then fix it before it was seen. FAIL!

When All Else Fails... Blame Peggy!!! LOL

Mommy to
Several Gliders
2 dogs Sailor and Rocco
1 cat Tigger
Also have 5 skin kids
Glide Free Lilo, Brennon and Eva mommy loves you
If you can't swim with the big fish stay out of the water.
1. Nothing is as easy as it looks. 2. Everything takes longer then you think. 3. If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong.
finnessa
"It's all Peggy's fault..."

Number of posts : 4108
Registration date : 2009-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dcmuffin2007 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Not a total fail, since I wouldn't have noticed until you said something.
dcmuffin2007
Glider Friend
Glider Friend

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-04-17

View user profile http://www.jumpinmonkey.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cora on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Well I did not know about her rep here on LGG when I was at the SGGA in Fl. Guess I take too many LGG Breaks oh no It just so happens I sit by this lady at the SGGA. I had a male WFB that took a liking to her. He got on her shoulder and that is pretty much where he stayed the rest of the time to this day. She gives me updates often. Then Bourbon brings up THIS. I Got a great feeling from her. We are both Nurses. And I figured if Coree loved her then how could she be bad. And her mom is so sweet also. I just did not get a bad vibe. SMH
Cora
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-01-05

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by LabNGliderMom on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Okay. Now I will comment - I met Glory at SGGA for the first time. I wasn't impressed on a personal level - she was kind of snobby and a bit stuck up. She didn't seem interested in socializing with anyone she didn't know, as far as I could see, and seemed to kind of look down her nose at most of us. Of course I was busy much of the weekend and did not focus much on her, so perhaps I have her pegged wrong. I have never had any personal dealings with her and all I know of her is tied up in Ali's experience with her (so 2nd hand knowledge) and other stuff I have heard - none of it is 1st hand except that I did not care for her when I met her in person but I know nothing about her related to gliders 1st hand. I have not heard ONE WORD about her since November of 2011 until I saw she registered for the SGGA and then saw her there.

I spoke to Bourbon tonight when she thought I had started up this thread again (which I did not). My understanding from B is that she has "known and worked with" Glory Jovi for "many, many years" and that she knows Glory "avoids the boards". B said she was "working on something" that either does or may involve Glory so she was doing "research" when she found this thread... said "if there was something not kosher there" that she "needed to know before" she did whatever it is she is doing or planning to do that involves Glory. She felt that if Glory is on buyer beware on LGG for nothing more than "a brand new novice glider owner's explanation of a bad experience" then it was not fair.

I then told B to contact Ali or people in the SC/GA/NC area who may have more experience with Glory since I have none first hand. I then called Ali and gave her a heads up about this. Ali said Glory is on buyer beware on GC too but I know nothing about that. All I can say is that it seemed to me that Bourbon was planning to do something involving Glory and was upset to find Glory did not have a spotless rep on the boards.

B did say that she has been going over the database with a fine tooth comb and that she had worried once about Glory faking lineages with gliders involving Sheila and that it turned out that this was not the case. Something about 2 gliders named the same but it ended up that one of them had come from someone else and Sheile did not name them the same she had one with a name and then got one from someone else that had been named the same and did not change the name or something.

Lastly B said many times Glory's gliders are sweethearts at Glory's but go to their new homes and turn into little terrors and she has "worked with many" people and their gliders from Glory because of this. I know nothing else and still do not have a dog int his race. I have not read the extremely long post Bourbon made and I will not - I have no interest in Glory Jovi. She did my friend Ali wrong in my opinion - I did not like her when I met her - and I am not wasting anymore time on the subject of her.
LabNGliderMom
Tianna's Freak on a Leash

Number of posts : 3541
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile http://hammockhavenpetsplus.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cora on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:20 pm

she is not on buyer beware at GC
Cora
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by GliderAli on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:35 am

No, not on buyer beware, just there are I think 2 threads about her.
GliderAli
Glider Crazy
Glider Crazy

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2011-05-15

View user profile http://www.gliderali.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LabNGliderMom on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:51 pm

I'd just like to put out there that Ali shared with me today that Glori Jovi tells her customers she has 30 gliders... some people she tells they are all in one room - some people she tells they are split between 2 rooms... but the truth is a bit different...

Go here: http://acissearch.aphis.usda.gov/LPASearch/faces/CustomerSearch.jspx

Then type in "jovi" in the search box and click search

Then click on the "inspection reports" tab

Click "Details"

At the bottom of the report it tells you the animal count... in Glori's case that is 236 gliders. as of July 9th, 2012.. up from the 152 she had in September of 2011
LabNGliderMom

Back to top Go down

Post by obsolescenttears on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:00 pm

She had 21 in 2010. Aquired over 100 animals in a yr. damn
obsolescenttears
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 5911
Registration date : 2009-04-18

View user profile http://www.SKsugargliders.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nanny on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:41 pm

wow. i hope she has help with all of those gliders. is this a mistake?

the impression i get abt. glory jovi from what i have read on here and gc is this:
she is out for the money. joeys seem to be pushed out at early ages that
have trouble drinking and eating. bare cages, no toys-who doesnt provide
some kind of toy for a beloved pet.
the thing that really bothers me is her telling allie to squeeze the glider hard to shut it up and than makes a statement abt. showing gliders 'who is boss'. pellets for a main diet, gliders are bug eaters and nectar eaters second. sounds like she is just maintaining them for her business. no enrichment here.

get em in shove em out, 236 gliders? questionable lineage. this is a breeder i definetly would not recommend and deal with personally.

my 2 cents worth.

nanny
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2011-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GliderAli on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:53 pm

nanny wrote:wow. i hope she has help with all of those gliders. is this a mistake?

When I met her, she was working full-time as a school nurse and on the weekends, working doubles as a nurse at a hospital. Her husband was quite sick and so she takes care of him (he can't work) and she has 2 kids. The last I heard, it's the same situation. She told me that while she's at work, she bumps her Hoobly ads and looks for more gliders to buy. She's not at all involved in toys or any enrichment supplies. She could care less. There's a lot more things that have happened that I haven't even had a chance to explain to B, but I will, when I have more time. The USDA, in fact, asked me to write a report because they wanted something as a basis for a surprise inspection. I was given the private fax number of the vet in charge of that region. They are very interested, to say the least. However, in all honesty, I'm not out there trying to stop someone's business or livelihood. So I never sent it. Like I said, EVEN if each thing I previously wrote about could be explained away, it was still a very unpleasant experience for me and I know first-hand of it being an unpleasant experience for others (that I wound up having to help out), so IN MY OPINION, buyers should beware of her. Everyone here is capable of taking the information and making an educated decision about what to do with the experience I've chosen to share with you all. Take it or leave it. You're all grown-ups. I think she's less than reputable, to put it nicely, for many reasons, and she piddled me off more than once! For exampke, I recently offered to drive 2 hours to her house to view vet records she swore she had and as soon as I said that, she said "No way! You're not allowed at my house!" I asked her to fax them. "Nope! No way!" I asked her to give me the name of the vet and have her vet fax them to my vet and she refused to tell me her vet's name. Seriously? My vet information is on my breeder application and I think on my website (if not, Jules, will you please add Healthpointe Animal Clinic in Duncan, SC) and if anybody has any questions about my gliders, you just call them up and ask them about how healthy they are....and then you can call Texas and check on my PCRs that I do just to double-check. In fact, Jules, let's work on publishing that on my website too. You know, now that I think about it, now that I'm actually breeding, I really think it sucks that a breeder (a BIG one at that) won't even reveal their vet's NAME! Hello??? Someone get that woman on this board and ask her to answer the questions I've had for over a year and a half. Oh no...somebody stop me...the Jersey Girl is coming out of me...aaackkkk! I would also like to know why she has over 230 gliders and where the hell they are stashed in her house, dang it...
GliderAli
Glider Crazy
Glider Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by LabNGliderMom on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:03 pm

That is why she doesn't have anything but a pouch and wheel in her cages, if that is indeed the case as i have been told - because with that many gliders and no staff to help her, she doesn't have time to do the cleaning & maintenance involved in putting toys and enrichment items in the cages. :-(
LabNGliderMom

Back to top Go down

Post by finnessa on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:06 pm

I loveeeeeee me some Jersey Girl! Let her out I need a friend!!!!!

Her vet info is on her usda report Ali, I'd call them and see what they have to say.

I wanted to add one more thing. I almost said poor Julie for all that work but then I remembered she stole Tianna from me and now I feel you should find her some more work to do. rofl

Mommy to
Several Gliders
2 dogs Sailor and Rocco
1 cat Tigger
Also have 5 skin kids
1. Nothing is as easy as it looks. 2. Everything takes longer then you think. 3. If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong.
finnessa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by finnessa on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Bourbon, do you find it at all alarming that from 2010 to 2012 she has taken in/bought/bred over 200 gliders? She started out with 21 gliders 2 years ago on her USDA report and it exploded from there. Next year will there be 100 more? That doesn't sound good to me.

Mommy to
Several Gliders
2 dogs Sailor and Rocco
1 cat Tigger
Also have 5 skin kids
finnessa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeEliz on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:25 pm

I had considered getting a mosaic girl from her when I first got into breeding. I'm so glad I had some experienced breeders look over the lineage before sending a deposit. That poor girls lineage was completely faked. She admitted to me over the phone that all she had was mixed up paper lineages on a few and that she really wasn't concerning herself with it. Glad I dodged that bullet honestly and I shudder to think what kind of life her gliders have. It takes me forever to re-set toys, wash fleece, and clean cages and wheels all the time but it is so worth it. I would hate for my babies not to have toys and treats and luvins. No wonder many of her gliders are not hand-able. There is NO WAY I could manage to spend time with 200+ gliders.
JadeEliz
Glider Slave
Glider Slave

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2011-02-17

View user profile http://www.sunsetsugargliders.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LabNGliderMom on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Ness, I did not steal her - I would never steal from you... she came to me all on her own, I swear. *blinks innocently*
LabNGliderMom

Back to top Go down

Post by obsolescenttears on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm octopimp :D
obsolescenttears
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by LabNGliderMom on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:42 pm

rofl
LabNGliderMom

Back to top Go down

Post by bourbon on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:54 am

ness,, look I ask some questions... so what if the post was over a year old.. the post could have been 3 years old for all I cared I wanted to check things out,.... now lets not look at anything than what is... I read the threads, I responded to what ali had written as a new owner, I read the question when GliderguyVA asked and Alicia humphrey had answered I googled found 2 posts on gc.. I read them... all regarding lineage, I even checked out something that I thought wasn't right with Sheila herself. now for a breeder of 12 years to only have those things written about her on the net.. no they DID NOT send up huge flaming alarms.. in fact it looked at just what was.. a post by a new owner that did not understand diversity... I did contact julie.. really julie?? I said I have worked with some of her glider as I have worked with many many many other peoples and breeders gliders as well regarding them being nice at the breeders and going home and them being undone. I even said she was willing to send the king kong story and maybe even 2 pouches in case the new owners needed it. I even told julie there were threads here and on fb regarding that exact same issue.. where the joeys are sweet at the breeders , going home with all the changes etc.. I have worked with glory with different things over the years.. have I been into her house? no..Ali was said the house was clean, cages were a good size and cages were clean.. but oh my she couldn't go into another room, I have gliders in multiple rooms..Ali, dug this report up, I asked her she sent it to me.. but it was sent to me AFTER I made my posts and asked for it.. so basically the time that this was written there was no basis for this and no one knows the sto0ry behind the report either... so yes I did have every right to ask, NO when I posted this there was NO alarming things that were found.. do what you want to me at this time, the responses to my question BEFORE the questions were answered spoke volumes.. And Julie, I am sorry, but what I do is my business, and next time I will know, that when I speak to you, every word will become public knowledge as well as words that were not said.. Just because I am part of the glider community everything I do is not..in spite of what some may think, is NOT everyone's business, unless I post it out here myself. but I will tell you I won't return to this thread for any of the responses .. where is the turn it up icon, for the volumes that some of these threads speak... SMH
bourbon
Glider Crazy
Glider Crazy

Number of posts : 495
Registration date : 2008-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LabNGliderMom on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:10 pm

bourbon wrote: as well as words that were not said.. Just because I am part of the glider community everything I do is not..in spite of what some may think, is NOT everyone's business, unless I post it out here myself.

I never said that what you do is NOT your business, Bourbon, so I do not know where you are getting that. You kept telling me over and over and over that you "needed to know something concrete" about Glory and that "if she was doing something wrong it was stuff you needed to know" because of some project you were planning to work on with her...

Now number one is if you want me to keep the contents of our conversations private, just say so - you didn't, so I did not know what you told me was a secret.

Number two, Ali told me about the report and that she had planned to post it here but did not know how, so I did it - by my own choice, yes, but sort of "for" Ali since she said she didn't know how... and it is public knowledge anyway.

Number three: you seem awfully over sensitive lately about a lot of stuff - and I am not the only one of that opinion, just so you know, because it was someone else who mentioned it to me, and I find it to be true... so maybe you need some relaxation time or something, because it was not my intent to upset you, though by your post it seems that somehow I did.

Lastly, I certainly do not mind it when anyone calls me - but the only reason I called you back on Sunday evening - during family time, in the middle of watching a movie with my toddler and my sick husband, was because when I auto-texted you that I would call you later you said "don't bother" and I was afraid you were upset or that something was wrong - so I called you intending to QUICKLY check on you, and despite me telling you repeatedly that George was ill, that it was family time, that we were watching a movie, that my husband wanted me off the phone, and that I could have a longer conversation another day and right now needed to go PLUS that I knew NOTHING about Glory Jovi first hand, you INSISTED on keeping me on the phone for half an hour with stories about Glory Jovi, Sheila Wilson, Ali being too new to gliders to get someone put on the buyer beware list, lineage concerns, needing "concrete info" and more...

And just so you know, your interest - whatever the reason - in Glory Jovi *IS* something you sort of posted out here yourself by resurrecting a dead thread from a year ago with a long, drawn-out post... none of us said you were looking for info on Glory Jovi - you did so yourself by posting here - so insinuating that I made your interest in this subject public knowledge is ridiculous.

Now, I consider you a friend, Bourbon - and I am NOT trying to be confrontational here - but I have done nothing wrong. Not to mention, I did listen when you seemed to need someone to listen and I posted the public info for Ali that I thought would fall into the category of things you were telling me that you were wanting to know about regarding Glory Jovi... and I NEVER said ANYTHING in my posts that was the equivalent of putting words in your mouth... so please chill out and stop insinuating that I did something wrong or said you said things you didn't because neither is true.
LabNGliderMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Suggiemom on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:23 pm

I had the misfortune to end up with a baby girl that is thought to have come from her. At the time, I didn't know who she was and had never heard of her. It had been two baby girls, but one died soon after being purchased. The owners were afraid to lose the other one and knew they were in over their heads. They brought me the baby and although I have very little joey experience/knowledge, I know that she was unable to eat solid foods on her own. She was starving to death and I'm pretty sure that is just what happened to her twin sister.

FOREVER in my heart Panda Bear!!!

http://www.paws-sc.com/index.htm
SUPPORT PAWS ANIMAL WILDLIFE SANCTUARY!
Suggiemom
owner/admin/sparklyboomboom
owner/admin/sparklyboomboom

Number of posts : 18021
Registration date : 2007-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GliderAli on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:17 am

Laurie, thank goodness you were able to help the twin baby. I truly feel deep down in my heart that if it wasn't for the years and years of experience I had raising baby animals at the pet store and in 4-H that my instincts wouldn't have kicked in when I got my gliders from Glory. I gave them water bottles full of gatorade and little bowls of water because I knew something was just not right. I did not know ONE SINGLE person in the glider community. But I followed my instincts. I fed only baby food fruits and vegetables and slowly introduced solids. It was later on that I looked at the receipt and it was documented that one was 5 1/2 weeks old and the other 6 weeks and I learned that they were too young to be away from their mama.
Also, a woman who lives nearby me got one from her and it had a terrible eye infection and it's a long drawn out story. It did survive, but she wound up returning it anyway due to other problems (yet another long story).
After Bourbon revived this thread, it just brought back all of the problems I had and continue to have dealing with the gliders in South Carolina this woman is selling. I may have been new then, but I'm not new anymore. Thank you Julie for posting the APHIS info, as I think everyone should also know that she has well over 200 gliders now. There can only be ONE reason anyone would do that.
Bourbon, please don't be upset. You're doing your research like you always do and you're getting some feedback. Take it for what its worth.

By the way, what does "SMH" mean?
GliderAli
Glider Crazy
Glider Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cora on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:43 am

SMH=Shaking My Head
Cora
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by obsolescenttears on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:35 am

Ha always wondered about smh!!
obsolescenttears
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by tinytat on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:41 am

I thought it meant smack my head like face palm. That's what my 12 yr old said. Funny how people can interpret the same information differently.
tinytat
Glider Stalker
Glider Stalker

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next