Laurie's Glider Gazette
If you are a delicate flower who can start drama, but can't take it when directed back at you, this is NOT the site for you!! TURN BACK NOW!!! DO NOT ENTER!!!!! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! Tell your "JAG" lawyer to kiss my ass!!! Stefaniey, this means YOU!!!!

Dawn Hall (AKA "HelpingAngels")

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dawn Hall (AKA "HelpingAngels")

Post by KrysKritters on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:32 pm

Ok, I recieved this email...
name = Dawn Hall
email = dhall1965@gmail.com
phone = ***-***-*** {I removed the phone # for Privacy}
comments = My name is Dawn Hall. I am startingg or should I say have started a Sugar Glider Rescue. I was informed of 15 neglected sugars. Well after cages, vet care food , vitiams, and all the neeeded things I have exhausted all my rescources. I am in desperate need of bonding pouches and toys. If you could help me as soon as I get on my feet in a month or so. I will make you my sole supplyer. And with every adoption I will give out your Name and Business card. PLEASE consider . The Sugars really need your help. Thank You and God Bless. Dawn Hall {I removed the address for Privacy} Rensselaer, Indiana 47978
REMOTE_HOST: 67.59.9.165

So I posted here http://lauriesglidergazette.forumotion.com/glider-chat-f15/anyone-know-dawn-hall-t12550.htm Asking if anyone knew her to verfiy her email. I love to support rescues and help gliders but I like to research to be sure I know WHO and WHAT I am supporting.

Then I am informed of this post on GG... http://www.sugarglider.com/glidergossip/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28991

After read it, I ask Dawn about it and the scam is revealed....

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Krys DeRosa <kryskritters@yahoo.com> wrote:

Are you a member on any glider forums? Please forgive my hesitation but there are many scammers out there so I like to research who and what I would be potentially supporting.
Thanks
~Krys

To: Krys DeRosa <kryskritters@yahoo.com>
Sent: Mon, August 30, 2010 11:23:45 AM
Subject: Re:

No I am just someone that thankfully owned 2 Sugars and had enough knoweldge of them to do this. I dont have a license or anything right now. My main focus right now is the Sugars. And thats where all of my attention goes. I can understand you hesitation , My heart is here and the only thing I can say is do what your heart tells you. Sometimes we let the fear of the unknown stop us from doing and accomplishing things. I totally understand and will have no ill feelings if you choose not to help. I need help and I have to put my pride away for the Sugars. This isnt for me or even about me. Its about them. Thank You for taking the time to read this and I hope we will talk more. Dawn

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Krys DeRosa <kryskritters@yahoo.com> wrote:

So you are not the "HelpingAngels" Dawn in Rensselaer, Indiana that posted on GliderGossip on August 11th that had just taken in 12 gliders and asked for donations of pouches??? The same Dawn that recieved 10 free pouches from Toodles??

Sent: Mon, August 30, 2010 11:54:48 AM

yes I am Im the one they beat to death

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Krys DeRosa <kryskritters@yahoo.com> wrote:
Well why would you lie to me then? Look I am an honest person and I do donate to rescues etc but I need to be 110% sure it is not a scam and I am not being taken advantage of.

There are some things I would like to ask you.... and this is not to "beat you to death" but as I said, I need to be sure I know what I would be supporting before I made a decision...

Your post said 12 gliders but you told me 15. Did you "rescue" more?

Did the gliders get nuetered? Are you keeping them? Have you found any homes?

I understand it can be costly to rescue but these gliders were "rescued" August 11th, weeks ago... rescues are supposed to have plans of action to prevent this.

Sent: Mon, August 30, 2010 11:56:37 AM

ant the few dollars i have save i have tryed to buy from toodles and shes overwhelmed right now

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Krys DeRosa <kryskritters@yahoo.com> wrote:
So you have money to buy from Tootles but you wan tme to send you free pouches???

Sent: Mon, August 30, 2010 12:16:45 PM

at first it was 12 yeas the males are neutered i rehomed 4 then i got a family of 8 in . No im not keeping them .I have the family of 8 going to my vet tomorrow.

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Krys DeRosa <kryskritters@yahoo.com> wrote:
I am sorry but why do you keep taking more in when you can not afford to support them?
BTW your math is off... that would be 16 gliders, you said 15. (12-4=8 Then 8+8=16)

I am sorry, I wish you the best but there are just to many holes in your story for me to believe.

Also if you are not finacially stable enough to provide vet care, food, shelter, pouches, toys, etc to rescues then IMO you should not rescue. Find a REAL reputable rescue for them to go to where they have the resources, experience, and support to handle them.
~Krys

I wanted to spread the word because it seems to me that she is looking for free stuff, takign advantage of those with big hearts. :evil: :r p:
KrysKritters
"Godfather of the NY glider Mafia"

Number of posts : 2278
Registration date : 2008-01-05

View user profile http://www.kryskritters.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dawn Hall (AKA "HelpingAngels")

Post by BelladonnasMom on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:43 pm

I hate to say it, but good call Kris! Is it really a rescue effort if you pick up 16 hurricane survivors then drop them off in a war torn country? I think not...
BelladonnasMom
Suggie Sneaker
Suggie Sneaker

Number of posts : 2785
Location : I know their is a pony in the bucket of caca SOMEWHERE!
Registration date : 2009-04-24

View user profile http://diamondsuggiedesign.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WintersSong on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:19 pm

I thought "scam" when I first saw her postings on GG..
Definitely think "scam" now.
WintersSong
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2010-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by newby-sherri on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:32 pm

I thought it was the same "rescue" that had posted on GG, but was to lazy the other day to go look.

Glad that you were able to get to the bottom of it.

And according to that thread on GG, she paid 400$ for those first "rescues".

http://www.newbysglidernook.com/index.html
newby-sherri
LGG Moderator
LGG Moderator

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2008-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkleshine89 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:34 pm

:poo poo:
sparkleshine89