Laurie's Glider Gazette
If you are a delicate flower who can start drama, but can't take it when directed back at you, this is NOT the site for you!! TURN BACK NOW!!! DO NOT ENTER!!!!! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! Tell your "JAG" lawyer to kiss my ass!!! Stefaniey, this means YOU!!!!

gliderma(LYNN MARTEL) speaks.....if anyone cares to listen

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: gliderma(LYNN MARTEL) speaks.....if anyone cares to listen

Post by ShyRascal on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:44 am

Wow!! Lynn, speaking from personal experience, you can make everything better, but you have to see what you have done wrong first and then try to make it right from there. If no one sees you trying, then no one is going to want to have anything to do with you, now or in the future.
ShyRascal
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

Number of posts : 607
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatchMakersMagic on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:10 am

Lynn has shown no regard to having the opportunity to put out there her "facts". She was asked several questions to which NONE she answered directly or indirectly. Instead she provided long posts full of bullroses, but none with the facts and lies she claimed to have.

If the members wish to see more "proof" besides the few emails, contract, application I have provided I would be more than happy. But this was Lynn's responsibility and she did not follow through.

She is now banned.

MatchMakersMagic
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 9115
Registration date : 2008-05-16

View user profile http://www.serenitysugargliders.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LabNGliderMom on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:15 am

Tish, she actually had posts on mulitple borads about the missing gliders where she was asking for suggestions on finding htem fromt he community (if I remember correctly) and THAT is how Lynn found out (I believe- I COULD be wrong). I'd have to go look for the posts to be sure but I just don't have that kind of time today, unfortunatley.
LabNGliderMom
Tianna's Freak on a Leash
Tianna's Freak on a Leash

Number of posts : 3541
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile http://hammockhavenpetsplus.com

Back to top Go down

Post by suggiemom1980 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:16 am

BuddyHolly wrote:I don't have any PM's Connie...I'm still awake...obviously, you can call me if you want. But if you'd prefer, i'll take a pm...LOL
Sandman got me shortly after I sent your PM, so I didn't get this until this morning. I can call but I need your paypal addy so I can start making payments on Serendipity. It can be misunderstood when given by phone, esp with my cell phone.

In the PM, I told you she came to me very healthy. Of course, she will still go back to the vet for her 2nd checkup at the end of her quarantine. She's a gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous little girl! She's doing fantastic with bonding! She's making super fast progress. It's obvious she's used to being played with and loved on. Once she relaxes, she enjoys being massaged and cuddled. Right now, it's from the comfort of her pouch but I don't think it'll be much longer before she'll be comfortable outside the pouch. When she's in her cage, she'll take a treat from me, then eat it while holding onto my hand. She's very sweet and I love her so much already!

For whatever it's worth, Lynn did seemingly take very good care of her. I hope that makes you feel better. :)

Connie

suggiemom1980
Glider Friend
Glider Friend

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2009-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KrysKritters on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:29 am

Connie, I am PMing you Kristi's paypal addy now.
KrysKritters
"Godfather of the NY glider Mafia"

Number of posts : 2278
Registration date : 2008-01-05

View user profile http://www.kryskritters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by suggiemom1980 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:53 am

Thank you! First payment sent!

suggiemom1980
Glider Friend
Glider Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MackieZ on Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Kristi and connie, how funny I got the missing pm about serendipity! Tish I will answer your questions when I'm back at home.
MackieZ
Glider Crazy
Glider Crazy

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2009-10-28

View user profile http://zeleshollow.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by suggiemom1980 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:16 pm

I probably didn't look close enough and sent the PM to the wrong person. I was really really tired and my eyes tend to cross! LOL!

suggiemom1980
Glider Friend
Glider Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MatchMakersMagic on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Please stay on topic.

MatchMakersMagic
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MackieZ on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:39 pm

Tish it certainly wasnt ommited purposefully. I didnt think Lynn needed my entire glider history and there wasnt room. Everyone knew about my missing gliders anyway, I asked several people for help and also had posts about it. I told Lynn about it because I was explaining my arguments with this other breeder who though I sold the gliders instead of them getting lose and no matter how many times I explained this to Sugar n spikes she continued to accuse me of me selling the gliders, I WISH I sold those gliders. I spent a lot of money buying them, getting them here and I much rather know they are in a home then who knows where. It was heartbreaking to me and it kept getting rubbed in by this breeder and so when I was chatting with Lynn about getting Sidney some friends before she got too lonely missing her friends and ended up telling her in conversation about my gliders chewing out. I do not think this is her business, mistakes happen and I am still very upset by it but I wouldnt lie or leave it out because I was hiding something because I dont care who knows, everyone makes mistakes and it really wasnt that big of a mistake. These gliders were babies (8 weeks oop) and I thought they wouldnt develop a chewing habit and certainly not yet....plenty of people keep their babies in repts :(
MackieZ
Glider Crazy
Glider Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by finnessa on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:58 pm

Laura I sent you a PM this morning not sure if you saw it.

When All Else Fails... Blame Peggy!!! LOL

Mommy to
Several Gliders
2 dogs Sailor and Rocco
1 cat Tigger
Also have 5 skin kids
Glide Free Lilo, Brennon and Eva mommy loves you
If you can't swim with the big fish stay out of the water.
1. Nothing is as easy as it looks. 2. Everything takes longer then you think. 3. If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong.
finnessa
"It's all Peggy's fault..."

Number of posts : 4108
Registration date : 2009-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarGliderCandy on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:36 pm

If she doesn't have the money then she owes her the gliders. Her own words in her contract is binding.

I think Laura is doing the right thing by filing internet fraud charges. She has a contract that she filled out after filling out a questionnaire(which Lynn states is not a contract, just a questionnaire) Laura did not lie on the questionnaire- she didn't fill out a line "what happened to it" She currently owns gliders and answered appropriately. She had made payments as agreed upon. In writing means written- not necessarily printed and notarized(which Lynn failed to include as a clause) ALL agreements Lynn made in writing(emails and such) ARE BINDING (by the terms of her own contract) and can be used against her in court.

Her paying you with a company check is also crossing into other waters. Didn't Lynn at one time say her business was closed or she was arrested for operating without a license?Also, can she legally write a check off one business account for payment for transactions for another business?

Lynn's contract will be interpreted as having been made with 'dirty hands'. She is weighing the contract so heavily in her favor by making loopholes which always end up in her favor. You can NOT make a legally binding contract like that.

If I were Laura, I would 1) stop communicating with Lynn through emails and on the forums.2) I would send a certified letter with your intent to file paperwork for internet fraud, grand theft, interstate fraud, breech of written contract, breech of oral contract, failure to provide services and merchandise, etc. 3) I would file a complaint with the attorney general's office in her county 4) I would file the necessary paperwork for a lawsuit for the amount she owes you,to take possession of the gliders, for the cage set, for the filing fees, lawyer fees, travel costs, lost wages and other associated fees.

She is clearly in the wrong and if you present your case in court she will lose. She can change her mind about selling you her gliders, but she can not keep your money. She breeched her own contract and you are being penalized for it. I believe taking her to court is the only way you will get your money from her and get her to understand that she can NOT conduct business in that manner.
SugarGliderCandy
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2009-04-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Srlb on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:43 pm

If I were Laura, I would 1) stop communicating with Lynn through emails and on the forums.2) I would send a certified letter with your intent to file paperwork for internet fraud, grand theft, interstate fraud, breech of written contract, breech of oral contract, failure to provide services and merchandise, etc. 3) I would file a complaint with the attorney general's office in her county 4) I would file the necessary paperwork for a lawsuit for the amount she owes you,to take possession of the gliders, for the cage set, for the filing fees, lawyer fees, travel costs, lost wages and other associated fees.

:i agree: :clap ing:
Srlb
Ninja-licious
Ninja-licious

Number of posts : 10925

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyLoveGliders on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:12 pm

I also agree..!!

We got a bunch of snow yesterday and last night and our mail lady, bless her heart did not make it up the mountain.. so Lynn has one more day.
BabyLoveGliders
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 8759
Registration date : 2008-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suggiemom on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:51 pm

ROFLMAO, Lynn, Lynn, Lynn....really???

FOREVER in my heart Panda Bear!!!

http://www.paws-sc.com/index.htm
SUPPORT PAWS ANIMAL WILDLIFE SANCTUARY!
Suggiemom
owner/admin/sparklyboomboom
owner/admin/sparklyboomboom

Number of posts : 18021
Registration date : 2007-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyLoveGliders on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Got Lynn's money order today!
BabyLoveGliders
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 8759
Registration date : 2008-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by queenduck on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:27 pm

I am very glad to hear that. It might not be much but it is a start. I hope it will continue.
queenduck
BITCHONFIRE!!

Number of posts : 4526

View user profile http://sgneighborhood.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Srlb on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:33 pm

Yea for Lynn!! And yea for Laura! The start of the right thing to do has started. Now as long as Lynn keeps up communication and payments this will hopefully soon be behind her. I just really pray she learned something by this.
Srlb
Ninja-licious
Ninja-licious

Number of posts : 10925

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarGliderCandy on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:10 pm

well I'll be damned..... open mouth-insert foot
SugarGliderCandy
Glider Guru
Glider Guru

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2009-04-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tish84 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:51 pm

:wo ot:
Tish84
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2009-09-22

View user profile http://www.fancysuggies.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by usha77 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:27 pm

:happy dance:
usha77
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 22538
Registration date : 2008-01-04

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Usha77

Back to top Go down

Post by MatchMakersMagic on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:06 pm

That is good news Kris.

MatchMakersMagic
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MackieZ on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:24 pm

Yes thank god! I just hope she never has the chance to do this to someone else. Its only $50 but hopefully she will keep up with it.
MackieZ
Glider Crazy
Glider Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by jungleflockmom on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:38 pm

I hate to rain on this love fest parade but I think SugarGliderCandy's advice is still fantastic. The likelihood of Lynn following through in a timely manner at this point is remote. If she does follow through, Laura can tell the authorities that she is making good and they will be happy to drop charges.

Lynn has thrown a little money at this issue and she isn't going to fulfill her agreement unless she truly believes she has to. It will go on and on and on. You will all work your buns off to keep the money dribbling in.

jungleflockmom
Glider LoveMuffin!!!
Glider LoveMuffin!!!

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gliders4U on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:31 am

Okay so I haven't really been following too much but this is the gist of what I got.
Tell me if I got this right:

Lynn has gliders she was selling to Laura.

Laura signed the contracts

Laura sent $600.00 (a deposit and i guess some balance?)

Lynn used that money to pay bills so she no longer had the cash in her possession.
(wrong thing to do since ANYTHING can come up like the death of a glider)

Then this is where I am confused...
Laura had gliders that escaped and was never found again in her home?

Did this happen before she filled out the contract?

If it did happen BEFORE she filled out the contract she DID NOT mention that on the contract where it asked if she had gliders and what happened to them.

If she really did leave that information out, then legally I THINK Lynn does not have to give the money back.

And here is my reasoning for that:
by avoiding that question, whether *intentional* or *NOT* she misrepresented herself.

Breeders ask that question to get a better idea of how a buyer treats their gliders. If someone filled out an application for my babies and said that they had gliders JUST recently escape and they were unable to find them, I would DENY their application. Mistakes happen I understand that but I still wouldn't want an owner to make a mistake with one of my babies. Would you?

That WOULD be something someone would LIE about on the application so that they would not seem like an unfit glider owner. I'm NOT saying that was the case here BUT who really knows.

So that right there IS a misrepresentation.

Now in the contract that I see, Laura initialed next to the part that says:
"Any misrepresentation on the buyers part will cancel this contract and all moneys paid are NON-REFUNDABLE"

So, I THINK legally, if this is every brought to court, this point will be argued and I can't help but think that Lynn will win. There is NO proof that Laura left this out by accident BUT there is proof that this fact was left out, a fact that a breeder would consider important in making the decision on whether to sell gliders to a person or not.
She neglected something that would be a decision maker in the minds of some breeders to sell the gliders to the potential buyer or not.

I know we all have our minds set on crucifying Lynn in this one but clear your minds and think about this for a second.

If a potential adopter neglected to inform you that their gliders had escaped and died somewhere in their house a week or so before, when you asked "what happened to your gliders" wouldn't you be on here posting about how you were lied to when you found out? Wouldn't it look like they were hiding something?????

I can see the thread now:
"Buyer lied about gliders escaping and dying in their house so I would sell to them"

TELL ME I'M WRONG?

Now the only thing I can state as fact, is that this whole situation is being handled the wrong way and it is very childish.

That is just my 2c :-)

Gliders4U
Glider Lover
Glider Lover

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-11-23

View user profile http://www.Gliders4U.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down